12/20/11

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Some books are meant to be loved by me. This book is one of them. 


I've read about Catching Jordan at WOW post a few months ago. This was the first time I heard about this book, but this was enough. It moved to my higher wishlist and was pre-ordered. 


Jordan feels like one of the guys. She never cared about "girl stuffs" and she loves football. I mean, she's the quarterback on the school team. Jordan is great character. She acts like she is fearless, she can do anything. Actually, she is afraid that the guys won't take her seriously, that she'll not get the future she wishes for and from a lot of other things. 

I loved the teammates' characters; the way the group was described together and especially their relationship with Jordan. Every character was special, has its own personality. I loved Henry and JJ, whom were fantastic characters! 

The writing was great; I felt Jordan's emotions and understood them. I could relate to her, to get her confusion, fear and weakness. The writing was the ideal tool to help me with that; Jordan's situation was unfamiliar to me. However, Miranda's writing created the connection between both Jordan and me. 

I have read Catching Jordan a few weeks ago. For a long time (including now), I couldn't write a review. I really don't have a lot to say about the book besides the fact that I loved it. I felt being inside it and I wished to. 

Jordan's story taught me a lot about not giving up on your dreams, about having surprises in life when you don't see them and mostly about paying attention to the wonderful people around you. Jordan's story is one I'm going to recommend all of you to read. 

Rose

1 comment:

  1. Great review I loved this one! I also really enjoyed the team personality and how they all were together it was such a fun and heart warming book!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete