11/22/11

Review: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness


The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)While reading the blurb, I was trying to find out what's this book is about. I didn't understand much and what I did, I believed it'd be boring. However, hearing so many great reviews about the book (both in English and Hebrew), I knew I need to find out myself. I bought it and haven't regret it at all.

The Knife of Never Letting Go is one of the most original books I have been reading lately. I don't think I ever read a book like that, its plot and its writing are so special. The blurb is giving us some background, but you can't understand much if you haven't read the book.

The writing was so different. At first, I felt the story is being told by a little boy (who is actually the main character) and it was pretty annoying. As I continued reading, I was drown to the story, got related to the story, and wanted to read any word he has said. The writing is different, not in a bad way.

Todd is the one to tell us his story. He is twelve years old and you can feel it very well in the beginning. However, Todd doesn't stay the same for long. As soon as things start to happen and he finds out he's the one in charge, he seems to grow up. Then, he shows maturity and wisdom.

Many characters in the book seem to be somehow between good and bad. Meaning, they should be good, but have done bad things, or the opposite. In this world, when the story is existed, there is a very thin line to 
separate between the two.

The Knife of Never Letting go is a story about lies and mistakes. In fact, it tells us what happens when people try to fix their errors by doing more. I like the suspense, the story's progressing and the reliable relationship between the characters. If you are looking for an original Science Fiction- Dystopia book, get this book. It is one of my favorites books of the year.

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment